Saturday, September 18, 2010

One of My Loves.


(please excuse the poor quality..they were taken with my cell phone)

I have mentioned before that I have five God Children. The pictures above is one of my loves.... my oldest God Daughter, Sarah Ashton. I love her to pieces!! I got to spend some time with her last night and today( and I will get to see her tomorrow at church too). She is 12 years old and is wise beyond her years. I don't think I could be any prouder of her and her older brother( who is my oldest God Son and is 14).
This weekend has not been bad thus far. Last night I had dinner with a friend from church. Her name is Donna and we tell people that we are sisters. Most people that don't already know us, believe it because we look alike. She has three teenage children who call me "Aunt Kathi"....I love it! We ate at a local Mexican Joint called Anita's...It was YUMMY! After we parted ways, I stopped at a store called "Eye Candy" that sells costume jewelry. I got four necklaces and three pair of earrings for $12.19! As we say in the south, You can't beat that with a stick! :)
After that, I visited with the God Children mentioned above and their parents
and then headed home.
Today, I had to attend a patient of ours' funeral. It was bittersweet, he was truly a wonderful man who loved God and his family. I have been friends with some of his Grandchildren all my life and am continuing to pray for them in the days ahead. He and his wife had been married 64 years. I can't hardly fathom that. That is TRUE love that only comes from God.
After the funeral, I went to a benefit for a local child that has a rare heart disease. Our praise band at Church is also a Christian Rock Band and they were playing for it, so I sat out in the sun and enjoyed the music and the great weather. After they were done playing their set, I left and went to the local Children's Home and hung out at their rec center with some cool kiddos and my cousin who manages the rec center on the weekends.
Now, I am home and chilling. Church is in the morning! It's youth Sunday, so I don't have to be there early to practice for worship service...this means I get to sleep in a few extra minutes(thank you, youth!). Whoop! How is YOUR weekend?
PS: One of my favorite movies is coming on right now, Miss Congeniality. Score!

3 comments:

tootie said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Sorry to hear about the funeral, though
:(

P.S. I LOVE Miss Congeniality - and pretty much anything else with Sandra Bullock.

Random Musings said...

64 years! Wow!

What a tough weekend.. I do love me some Ms Congeniality though that and sweet home Alabama...

Tracy~ said...

i love those pics of you and Sara Ashton!