Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 30

Day 30-One Last Moment
First of all, I am really really really proud of myself for blogging 30 days straight. There were several times that I just didn't want to, but I disciplined myself and did it anyway...whoo hoo!!
Now onto my one last moment.
I read the book above several years ago. My cousin had given it to my mom as a gift and then she passed it onto me. My mom had written a note in it saying that she hoped that I would find content and happiness like the character in the book did. She listed the page number as 336.
"Our dear Helen has been given us for this emergency. It is not strange that seeing our domestic life should have awakened in her some yearnings for a home and a heart and children of her own. She has said that there was a weary point in her life when she made up her mind that she was never to know these joys. But she accepted her lot gracefully. I do not know any other word that describes so well the beautiful offering she made of her life, first to God and then to us. He accepted it and has given her all the cares and responsibilities of domestic life without the transcendent joys that sustain the wife and the mother. She has been all in all to our children, and God has been all in all to her. And she is happy in His service and in our love."

2 comments:

meghan said...

congrats on getting through the 30 days of blogging ... it's amazing how fast the time flies!

p.s. that's a beautiful excerpt!

Berrygetto said...

YAY you made it the whole 30 days. I only started following you about half way through but Ill miss your daily topics. =)