Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 27


Day 27 – Your favorite place
To be completely honest, my favorite place is my church, Hickory Tavern Church of God(pictured above). I have attended there for a year and finally have found a place that I truly belong. I have spent a lot of my life looking for a place that I could knit my heart to other people and this is it. Most importantly though, its a place where I always feel God's presence.
I am very involved in my church and it helps me stay busy and not sink into feeling alone and abandoned like I use to.
My pastor and his family are beautiful people who genuinely have a heart for ministry. Too often now a days, pastors are in their career for the wrong reason, I am fortunate that this isn't the case for mine.
We are a proactive body spreading the love of God through our community and I couldn't be in a happier place.

3 comments:

tootie said...

It does make all the difference to have a church that feels like "home." So glad you've found one like that!

Gwen said...

I wish I had a church home I could call my favorite place. We've searched for years and still continue to search. I know we'll find one soon. XOXO

Heather said...

I have heard so many people talk about being at home, or not being at home, at church.

I am glad you have found a home.