Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 24

Day 24-Something that makes you cry
One huge thing that makes me want to cry is when I see, hear, or read about cases of animal abuse. I love, love, love animals and if I had the financial means, I would have a huge farm area with so many dogs and cats that need a home. I have always dreamed of this. I would make it a therapeutic place for abused and/or special need children to come play and visit with the animals.
My baby Lexy(not pictured) came from a local Humane Society over 7 years ago. I have adopted kitties from there before too. I have also been known to rescue strays from the side or the road or dumpsters. :)
If you have a heart for animals and would like to donate to a good cause, or would like to know more about a Humane Society, please click here.
I hope that everyone has a beautiful weekend!

2 comments:

Berrygetto said...

Im glad that you blogged about this. I know its one thing that makes you sad but its a great post. Being in a vet clinic everyday (Im in school to be a tech) this subject breaks my heart. And so many people dont even put that much thought into it. I want to own a farm and resuce pitbulls one day. That is my one true goal.

Tracy~ said...

OMG - I had no idea you wanted to do that - so do I!!! I would rescue every single dog and cat on the side of the road I see. It kills me that I can't bring them home with me.