Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 18

Day 18 – Your favorite birthday
My favorite birthday was my 16th one. At the time, I NEVER would have admitted it, but it was pretty magnificent.
For starters, My mom's best friend worked at my high school. On my birthday, there were signs posted all over school telling me happy birthday and my car was "decorated" that afternoon when I got out of school. My mom cleverly posted a happy birthday listing in our local newspaper. This part WAS embarrassing. It was a picture of me when I was about two, in my raggedy nightgown, Winnie The Pooh slippers, pacifier in my mouth, and my blankie. The caption was something along the lines of " Happy Birthday to our favorite brat" or something.
That weekend, I had a party at a local teen center. All my friends were there and we had loads of fun. Two of my guy friends(they were brothers), who couldn't come to my party, came to my house beforehand and sang the New Kids on the Block version of Happy Birthday to me. They gave me long stem red roses. I swooned and promptly fell into "like" with the oldest brother for the next year. :)
Oh, to be sixteen again!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I wouldn't do sixteen again for all the money in the world.

Sounds like a great birthday, though! So you Carolinans get to drive earlier than us Yankees or what?
;)

meghan said...

just passing by .. sounds like a fabulous memory of a fabulous day :) my sixteen wasn't quite as sweet but it was such a fun age!!