Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 8


Day 8-A Moment


I'm not quite sure what today's blog challenge wants from me. I've had a lot of moments that I have learned from, wished I could change or have embraced. There are so many moments I know I can't just pick one to talk about.

There are moments that have made me cry, feel joyful, scared, hurt, confused, and excited.
One happy moment that sticks out is when I got to hold one of my God Babies, Alayna, for the first time. She was so sweet and chubby and she nestled right up to me like she knew she was safe.

A sad and hurt moment was when I realized my marriage was over. I sat in my car during a horrible storm crying hysterically because of what had just happened to me. I felt desperate, scared and alone. To this day, I don't even know who's drive way I was sitting in waiting on the Sheriff's Office to get there to help me that night.

One very excited moment for me was when I met my friend, Porfirio, for the first time. I had been supporting him through Soldiers Angels , and we were finally meeting after "knowing" each other for 5 years, I was coming down the esclator at the Colorado Springs Airport, and there he was standing at the bottom smiling like crazy. I don't think I made it to the bottom of the steps, I jumped into his arms. It was amazing that there was never an uncomfortable moment in al those days I spent with him. It was like we had known each other forever.

I could tell about so many more important moments. Each moment paints itself into a giant canvas called "My Life".

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I think each moment in our lives mold us into the people we are. Good or bad we have them for a reason. I also think you are wonderful person for supporting a soldier for so long and it's awesome that you all got to meet too!!! XOXO

Heather said...

Ah, the famous Porfirio. I wish I could have been there when you finally saw him for the first time, in real life.

Tracy~ said...

awwwwww Portfolio! Love it! those are some good choices of moments. Love you