Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 2

(Shane this summer)
Day 02-First Love
So here I am blogging about day 2's challenge. My first love. I sat here a little while and thought about this. I almost decided to write about Tim, who I was in a 3 year relationship after high school with. Then I started thinking, he wasn't the first man I REALLY loved.
It was Shane.
What a history I have with him.
We met in high school. He was 2 years younger than me and that meant a few grades behind me. But as fate would have it, my junior year of high school, he auditioned and made it into Honors Choir. This was a huge thing for a freshman to achieve, so he caught my eye in first period right away. He sang bass and I sang alto. If it was a 5 part harmony piece, we usually got placed in the same group. He was funny, almost downright hilarious, and we became friends fast.
We never officially dated but we spent the majority of our free time together. When he was 16, I helped him get a job at Ingles bagging groceries where I worked , so even more of our free time was consumed with one another.
I have memories of Shane that I hope to never forget. He was my first kiss, the first guy that I ever confided my secrets with and the guy that chased me and threw homemade bombs(not dangerous one..wouldn't have hurt me) in my yard to be funny. ( It wasn't so funny the next day when we realized he had killed my Grandma's roses!)
We made a pact after Tim and I broke up, that if we were 28 and single that we would marry each other. He turned the "dirty thirty" yesterday and I took him a cake. I often wonder if he remembers us making that pact? I can tell you where and what we were doing when we made it.
Shane's turned into an awesome man. He is going through a divorce right now and maintains full custody of his 4 year old son. He's a wonderful daddy and works hard to provide for Chandler.
There are soooo many more things I could say about Shane or memories that I could share, but I will close here with this: He was my first love, but he never broke my heart, and to this day, he still holds a pretty good piece of it.

1 comment:

Tracy~ said...

that doesn't surprise me! I like him already :) I love the pic of him, too - super cute :) :) :)