Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 7

(New Year's Eve, 2008)
Day 07 – Your best friend
Tracy and I "met" around 2004 through AOL Journals. Back then, we all had a great network of "journalers" (lol, we were old school, we didn't call them bloggers). We all stuck together and some of us made lasting friendships. I was fortunate to find Tracy. I don't exactly remember who found who first, but we commented on each other's journals all the time. I remember standing out in my front yard for hours the first time Tracy and I ever talked on the phone. We were talking about how I wanted to come invade her house in Tennessee so I could audition for American Idol ( a story for another day). She was overly nice and was very open to welcoming a stranger and her mom into her home. LOL.
Anyways, to make a long story short. That's when I met her face to face for the first time and we've been besties ever since. Now, that's not to say we have always agreed on stuff and once upon a time, someone not so very nice tried to tear our friendship apart. I can talk to her or get advice about ANYTHING. And I truly mean anything. She's ridonkulously funny and a great mom to her boys. I really admire how she's raised them by herself. I could go on and on about her til y'all would probably be like "Could you shut up now please?" :)
I haven't seen her now in almost 2 years, and we're hopefully going to be changing that sooner rather than later. I am very thankful that shes in my life.
I heart you to the moon and back, Tracy Dain!
(after getting scared to death in Ripley's haunted mansion, Gatlinburg, TN)









3 comments:

Unknown said...

Best friends are incredible blessings indeed :)

Tracy~ said...

You are so right, it WAS important!
I love you, Kathi! You are my bestie and I wouldn't trade you for all the tea in NYC! You made me tear up!

the Diva~

Heather said...

It won't be long and we'll be hearing of you two chicks and some fab vacay!!

:)