Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 1



Day 01 – Introduce


So, today's the day. The day that I am suppose to introduce myself to the world. Its hard to put who I am on "paper". I always sit when and ponder "Who am I really?"

For sure things I know about myself are my titles so to speak....I am a Child of God, Daughter, Granddaughter, God Mama to 5 GLORIOUS kiddos, Singer, Sunday School Nursery Teacher, Leader, Home Care/Outreach Coordinator, and friend to many.

Most people on the outside looking in assume that I am confident and collected, but the reality is that I am neither of these things on the inside. I worry too much about the way people think of me and want everyone to like me. When I know someone is not happy about me or I have angered them in some way, it gets to me greatly. I am often misunderstood. I have taken Personality tests and they always score me smack dab in the middle of being Type A or B.....however, I personally think I am more Type A.

Now, on to more concrete things about me....I am 31, and was born and raised in good 'ol South Carolina. I did a brief stint in Georgia about a year and a half ago. I thought I wanted a new change, but after about 6 months I realized I missed home, so home is where I came back to. I am divorced and have no children. A lot of people think I have it made because I can do things as I please, but I would rather be tied down and a mother more than anything in this world. I keep trusting and trying to believe that it will happen one day, but as the minutes and hours and days and months pass by, my faith does waver.

There is so much more that I could write about myself, but I will save more for the other days of this challenge for fear of sounding repetitive.

I hope everyone is blessed and encouraged today!

4 comments:

tootie said...

Nice to "meet" you :)

Keep the faith. I'm sure that God has big plans for you!

Kathi said...

Thanks, Tootie! So glad you "found" me on here. :)

Kathi said...

Thanks, Tootie! So glad you "found" me on here. :)

Tracy~ said...

I love this idea and as soon as I can come up with a blog name, I'm going to start it myself!